My Happy Place - A Poem by Joy Winter

 

Photo by Joy Winter

Comments

  1. A beautiful poem, Joy, thanks for sharing it. I also love the middle school garden, it has a real tranquility to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and gave me chills! I could visualize it as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your poem Joy! It is great to experience such a familiar spot, through someone else's eyes. Keep the poetry coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Joy! Your use of repetition ("but") really stands out and I love the perspective that contrasting word makes me think about.
    I can definitely hear your voice and see your face while reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Joy! Your use of repetition ("but") really stands out and I love the perspective that contrasting word makes me think about.
    I can definitely hear your voice and see your face while reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I love the peacefulness and soothing aspects that resemble your life and some amazing moments you are noticing, yet, fully living in those moments and embracing it all. I can sense you breathing in life to the fullest as I read this poem. It is inspires me to sit back, take a breath, and notice my surroundings just as you have. That is how this poem "spoke to me". Thank you for sharing your beautifully constructed words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, everyone! It's me, Joy! These compliments made my day. I'm glad you all liked it. And I've definitely been encouraged to consider writing more! Thanks again.

    Joy Winter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment